Sunday, January 30, 2011

Halle's 6th Birthday

I can't believe my Halle Bear is 6 years old! This year we had a small family party with Grandma Wilson, Aunt Marcie, and us. I also took her and her BFF, Annie, to Chucky Cheese for some extra fun. She had a great time. I will always remember this birthday because of her birthday cake. I forgot that cake will expand and I filled the cake mold up to the rim. After about 20 minutes I smelled smoke and when I looked into the oven, it was like a cake volcano! The batter was oozing out of the top and all over the bottom of the oven and when it landed on the heating element it had started a small fire in my oven!! After moving the batter off of the element and putting a pan under the cake to catch the "volcano", I started to air out the room before the smoke alarms went off. I turned on the fans and went back to check on the cake when all of a sudden the birthday balloons got caught in the ceiling fan and just about popped. After all this, when the cake was finally done and cooled off, when I started frosting it, it just crumbled all over. It was not my best cake, but the evening turned out great and I was glad when the day was finally over. Happy Birthday, Halle. Next year I will buy you a great cake. ;)




1 comment:

Meli said...

You forgot the part about Halle getting sent home from school with pink eye too!